Kimchi Sauce, 김치양념 (Kimchee Yhang Nyum).
You can now make your own fresh Kimchi at home without the frustration of searching for hard to find ingredients. Mama Kim’s Kimchi Sauce is made authentic Korean style with local vegetables from California. This is the same sauce we use on our flavorful Mama Kim’s Kimchi. Whether using the sauce to make kimchi with your favorite vegetables or to make Korean cuisine, this sauce makes it convenient and saves you time.
This kimchi sauce comes in a 16 oz glass jar. Enough to make about 1 to 2 heads of Spicy Napa Cabbage Kimchi – depending on your desired spice level.
How to make Spicy Napa Cabbage Kimchi (1 Napa Cabbage)
1. Chop Napa Cabbage into bite size cuts
2. In a large bowl, toss the sliced cabbage with about 1/2 cup of coarse salt. Salt will extract water from the cabbage. Mix every 30 minutes. After 90 minutes, wash the cabbage, and then drain for 30 minutes.
3. Drain cabbage well and mix with Mama Kim’s Kimchi Sauce. (use half of 16 oz jar first and add for more spiciness. Kimchi will become slightly less spicy as it ferments.)
4) Rub sauce on cabbage very gently without too much pressure and coat evenly.
5) Leave at room temperature for 1 to 2 days then keep refrigerated.
*Make sure that air can circulate to ferment
*Use non-reactive container for kimchi
*HEALTHY KIMCHI INGREDIENTS include Korean Radish, Garlic, Onion, Korean Pear, Scallion, Red Peppers, Mustard Leaf, Korean Chili Powder (Gochugaru), Ginger, Dried Bay Shrimp, Anchovy Extract, Shrimp Extract, Sugar, Salt.